Monday, April 16, 2012

Piper's MRI and Pre-op Testing!

What a long day! Piper, Oliver and I left the house at 8:00 AM this morning. We were scheduled to arrive at the hospital at 9:00 AM for all the paperwork and questions that need to be answered before her MRI. Piper's MRI was scheduled for 11:00 AM. Piper went back at 11:30 AM. She was asleep before Oliver and I left her. They did her MRSA test and bloodwork for her surgery while she was sleeping. Everything looked great! They will have all the blood they need ready for her surgery next Tuesday! Oliver and I grabbed lunch while we were waiting for Piper's MRI to be finished. The test took two hours!

We met Piper back up on the cardiac floor in the stepdown room around
1:30 PM! Piper woke up and the nurse monitored her oxygen satuation levels, her blood pressure, and her breathing rate. She occasionally needed oxygen to bring her levels up to her normal range. Her normal range is the upper 80's to lower 90's due to her complex heart condition. The oxygen saturation level should be 100%.

Around 3:00 PM we went down to the outpatient cardiac center for Piper's ECHO and EKG. The technician took over 100 pictures of Piper's heart. This test took about an hour and twenty minutes. The EKG only took a few minutes! Next, we headed to medical imaging for Piper's chest x-ray! Finally, around 5:00 PM we were back upstairs on the cardiac floor. We received our discharge instructions just before 6:00 PM.

All of these tests were done to help the cardiac surgeon determine how Piper's heart will be fixed on Tuesday. We won't know exactly how Piper's heart will be corrected until we talk with Dr. Pizzaro before Piper's surgery!

Please say a little prayer for our precious Piper! We can't wait for Piper's heart to be fixed!


Piper playing with the ipad while she waited for her MRI!


Yes, she is that cute!


Piper giving Foofa some oxygen!


Piper getting oxygen after her MRI!


Piper waiting to have her ECHO to be done!


Our happy little man!

1 comment:

  1. My goodnesss, she is so stinkin cute! I agree with you in that I wished that we lived closer to each other. Any chance Eric will take an job in KC? Anyway, prayers are being said for Piper and Parker. I feel your pain in just wanting our children healed and happy. I just have to find peace in that they are God's children and he loves them even more then we do. He will use this for His glory.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete